Our Mission and Values
Our Mission – To provide effective services that enable communities to resolve conflict and repair harm.
Our Values – We have six core values that underpin our work and we will continue to develop our culture, policies and practices which reflect our commitment to:
· Communication – We believe that accessible, clear and simple communication between people is necessary for communities to thrive.
· Empowerment – We believe that people can speak for themselves, think for themselves, and decide for themselves.
· Equality – We believe that discrimination is unfair and should be confronted in ourselves and in others.
· Inclusion – We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to access our services without restrictions or limitations.
· Quality – We believe in bringing about the best in others and ourselves.
· Accountability and openness – We believe in working openly with our clients, each other and our partners in order to learn from one another.
Bristol Mediation, based in Easton Bristol, currently has a staff team of 8 and 76 volunteers. This includes 55 volunteer mediators, 14 volunteer restorative justice practitioners and 7 volunteer Trustees, who meet monthly, and oversee Bristol Mediation.
Our volunteers contribute over 6555 hours per year working with people experiencing conflict and criminal activity to enable people to have a voice, to feel heard, to be able to move forward with their lives and have some closure.
We work closely with Bristol City Council and Avon & Somerset Police as well as other agencies including housing providers, support agencies, other statutory and voluntary agencies and in a 12 month period we worked with over 810 people across Bristol and the surrounding areas who were experiencing conflict or criminal activity.