Our Mission and Values
Our Mission - Bristol Mediation provides and promotes services which empower people to resolve conflicts.
Our Values - Five core values underpin our work and we will continue to develop policies and practices which reflect our commitment to:
- Conflict resolution and communication We believe that clear and simple communication between people will bring about change.
- Empowerment We believe that people can speak for themselves, think for themselves, and decide for themselves.
- Equality We believe that discrimination is unfair and should be confronted in ourselves and in others.
- Quality We believe in bringing about the best in others and ourselves.
- Accountability and openness We believe in working openly with our clients, each other and our partners so that we can learn from one another.
Bristol Mediation, based in Easton Bristol, currently has a staff team of 8 and 76 volunteers. This includes 55 volunteer mediators, 14 volunteer restorative justice practitioners and 7 volunteer Trustees, who meet monthly, and oversee Bristol Mediation.
Our volunteers contribute over 6555 hours per year working with people experiencing conflict and criminal activity to enable people to have a voice, to feel heard, to be able to move forward with their lives and have some closure.
We work closely with Local Authority and the Police as well as other agencies including housing providers, support agencies, other statutory and voluntary agencies and in the year to 31st March 2016 we worked with over 810 people across Bristol and the surrounding areas who were experiencing conflict or criminal activity.