Community Mediation Training
Restorative Justice Training
- Do you want to learn mediation skills and become a volunteer with Bristol mediation?
- Would you like to help those effected by: discrimination, hate incidents and conflict within Bristol?
- Would you be willing to ‘champion’ and promote restorative approaches within the community?
- Do you have a passion for equalities issues?
- Can you commit to two years volunteering?
…If you can answer YES to these questions, Bristol Mediation is offering free mediation training.
This is an exciting opportunity to benefit from this highly valued 6 day training course. This foundation mediation training will help you learn transferable conflict management skills that could also be of benefit in your workplace, home life or other community groups.
We are particularly keen to recruit Individuals who are currently under represented in our volunteer base including:
- Individuals from BAME communities including Eastern European, Persian or Middle Eastern origin
- Individuals from the LGBT+ community
- Individuals who consider themselves to be disabled
- People who live in: Hartcliffe, Knowle, Filwood, Dundry View, Kingsweston, Avonmouth, Shirehampton, Sea Mills, Lockleaze, Fishponds or Hillfields.
The training will run at Easton Business Centre, Felix Road, Easton, Bristol, BS5 OHE on 10th 11th 12th and 17th 18th 19th of January 2018 from 9.15 for 9.30 prompt start until 4.30pm. You will need to be available to attend all of these.
As places are limited we are holding an introduction and selection session on Friday the 8th of December from 10am-3pm, at Easton Business Centre, Felix Road, Easton, Bristol BS5 OHE.
*Lunches and refreshments will be provided for all of the above dates.
If you are interested and would like to receive further info and an application pack, please contact Ishshah Fleming, Volunteer Manager on 0117 9415379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Deadline for completed applications is Tuesday the 5th of December)
Restorative Justice Facilitator Training
Restorative Justice – Volunteer Opportunities with our Bristol, South Glos and BANES team in Autumn 2018
- Are you interested in helping to empower victims of crime, & anti-social behaviour
- Are you a good listener, non-judgmental and a fair minded person
- Are you able to work with people from a range of diverse backgrounds & walks of life Would you like to make a positive contribution to your community
- Are you able to volunteer 102 hours per year for 2 years (daytimes/weekends and/or evenings) – about 2 hours per week
- Would you like to receive high quality free training
If the answer is YES, we are offering you the chance to become a Volunteer Restorative Justice Facilitator in Bristol and Bath. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills so that you can have supportive conversations meeting victims and offenders, facilitating restorative justice sessions between them, and working alongside professionals within the community and the criminal justice system.
It will be your role as a volunteer RJ facilitator to talk to those that have been harmed and those that have potentially caused the harm. You will then facilitate any resulting face-to-face meetings or correspondence to help both harmed and persons responsible move forwards positively with their lives.
Volunteers will need to have excellent communication and listening skills. You will need to undergo the 3 day Accredited Restorative Justice Facilitator free training course on the dates below which will equip volunteers with the skills necessary to facilitate client meetings. We hope you will be able to attend the introductory day below too. However, if this is not possible please get in touch to discuss alternative arrangements.
Introduction and information session in Keynsham
Thursday 4th. October 1:30 – 4:30
3 Day Facilitator training 2018 in Keynsham
Tuesday 16th. Oct 2018 9.30 – 5.30
Wednesday 17th. Oct 2018 9.00 – 5.00
Thursday 18th. Oct 2018 9.00 – 4.30
For further information and an application pack please contact:
Steve Marsden, Bristol Mediation on 0117 9415379
or email email@example.com
Closing date: 21st. September 2018