Accredited Mediation Training
¨ Would you like to be able to help settle disputes and arguments?
¨ Do you want to benefit the community or your workplace?
¨ Would you like to improve your home and work life by applying the skills there?
¨ Do you want to learn mediation skills and become an accredited mediator?
Bristol Mediation is a registered charity, providing conflict resolution services and restorative approaches across Bristol and the surrounding area for over 29 years. We are offering a nationally accredited training programme in mediation and conflict resolution skills. This is a unique opportunity to benefit from this highly valued training.
The training will take place over five days from 9.15am to 4.30pm. It is an essential course requirement that trainees attend all course dates. Attendees will be assessed on day five of the course and you will also need to undertake some private study.
Course Dates: 18th, 19th, 20th, 25th & 26th September
Cost per person £895.00
Venue: Barton Hill Settlement, 43 Ducie Road, Barton Hill, Bristol BS5 0AX. (The venue is in an unrestricted residential area with plenty of on street parking nearby, Lawrence Hill station is also close by. You can find a map at – http://bartonhillsettlement.org.uk/contact/ )
The cost of each place includes all course hand-outs and assessment materials, accreditation and registration with OCN (Open College Network), all trainer and venue hire costs, refreshments and lunch each day throughout the training.
For further information and an application pack please contact Ishshah Fleming, Volunteer Manager, Bristol Mediation on 0117 9415379 or email: email@example.com
Restorative Justice Facilitator Training
Training and volunteering opportunities with our Somerset team
- Are you interested in helping to empower victims of crime, & anti-social behaviour.
- Are you a good listener, non-judgmental and a fair minded person.
- Are you able to work with people from a range of diverse backgrounds & walks of life.
- Would you like to make a positive contribution to your community.
- Are you able to volunteer 102 hours per year for 2 years. (daytimes/weekends and/or evenings) – about 2 hours per week
- Would you like to receive high quality free training.
- If the answer is YES, we are offering you the chance to become a Volunteer Restorative Justice Facilitator in Somerset. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills so that you can have supportive conversations meeting victims and offenders, facilitating restorative justice sessions between them, and working alongside professionals within the community and the criminal justice system.It will be your role as a volunteer RJ facilitator to talk to those that have been harmed and those that have potentially caused the harm. You will then facilitate any resulting face-to-face meetings or correspondence to help both harmed and persons responsible move forwards positively with their lives.Volunteers will need to have excellent communication and listening skills. You will need to undergo the 3 day Accredited Restorative Justice Facilitator training course on the dates below which will equip volunteers with the skills necessary to facilitate client meetings. We hope you will be able to attend the introductory day below too. However, if this is not possible please get in touch to discuss alternative arrangements.
For Somerset Training
Introduction and information session in Glastonbury
Wed 25th September 1:30 – 4:30
3 Day Facilitator training 2017 in Glastonbury
Tuesday 7th November 9.30 to 5.30
Wednesday 8th November 9.00 to 5.00
Thursday 9th November 9.00 to 4.30
- Closing date for applications for this course – 13 October 2017
- Further information and an application pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: Steve Marsden, Bristol Mediation on 0117 9415379.